THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Depending on others

I have learned a lot over the past years about being humble and asking for help. With a special needs son you can't not help but depend on the kindness of strangers and friends. Over the past year or so I have felt like all I have done is take, take, take from people. I have wanted to be able to give to others as much as I have been given to. Yesterday I got the chance.
I got a call from some missionaries asking me if I knew of a shuttle that could get up to Seattle Children's Hospital. I immediately knew someone needed my help. Although I wasn't able to be there personally for this person, I was able to pull together the resources that I have learned about to lessen the burden of a family that was so critically in need of help. I am glad I have gotten the oportunity to share my knowledge with others and help lessen the burden on their family. I am glad I have gotten the opportunity to serve a family, no matter how small. I am thankful that our Lord listens to our prayers and gets people in touch with the right people. I am glad that we have such a loving Father in Heaven who allows us to show kindness and the love of the savior through serving.

0 comments: